Transportation: Skills and Experience
Travel Demand Forecasting
I have considerable experience in the area of travel demand modeling, primarily in the context of forecasting demand for travel on new or substantially improved highway, rail, and public transit facilities. My demand modeling experience covers multimodal regional network models, as well as custom models developed for the evaluation of specific road and rail projects.
I have experience in the design, administration, and evaluation of primary market research—including surveys, focus groups, and personal interviews. My market analysis work has informed the development of travel models and has directly enabled public agencies and private firms to make decisions based on a clearer picture of the preferences of current and prospective customers.
I have experience in transit planning and operations across a variety of modes, and have worked with both public transit agencies and private transit operators. In my work with public transit agencies, I've been involved in the identification of transit needs, options generation and evaluation, and in estimating the public benefits of transit investment.
I have experience assisting local and federal government agencies in the development of new policies and in the evaluation of current and proposed policies. My policy experience includes work in both aviation and surface transportation.
Analysis Tool Development
In a number of my projects, I've been responsible for developing custom analysis tools for use by clients following project completion. These have included tools to forecast demand for specific managed lane projects, to produce sketch-level ridership and revenue forecasts for user-selected rail corridors, and to evaluate the costs and benefits of electronic credentialing for commercial trucks.
- 2013 Logan Airport Air Passenger Ground Access Survey
- Atlanta–Charlotte High-Speed Rail Study
- CVISN Benefit-Cost Analysis
- FRA National and Regional Rail Planning Study
- Improving the Transfer Experience at Intermodal Transit Stations through Innovative Dispatch Strategies
- Light Jet Market Assessment
- NCRR Commuter Rail Ridership and Revenue Study
- PR-22 Dynamic Toll Lane Study
- SFO Demand Management Analysis
- SFO Regional Jet Analysis
- Southeastern US Managed Lane Traffic and Revenue Forecasting Studies
- TCRP H-39: Methodology for Determining the Economic Development Impacts of Transit Investments
- Texas-Oklahoma Passenger Rail Study
- Very Light Jet Sales Forecast/Business Plan Evaluation
- Washtenaw County Transit Master Plan